Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Never Ending Writer's Block

Well. Yes. About that story I was writing.
I think I will be putting it on hold for a while. Not that I haven't been doing that already, but now I have a legitimate reason for doing so. I have started another story with a completely different plot. Well, now that I've said that, I don't know if that's what I want to do. In fact, it just dawned on me that I could use the story I'm writing right now as an in-depth background for one of my key characters for the original story I was posting on this blog. A prequel of sorts. Oh my, I am liking this idea. Of course I will have to tweak the plot a little in both stories but it will still fit together quite nicely....

Ahem. But I am getting ahead of myself. What I wanted to say is that since I really haven't made any progress in the writing of my Original story (which is what I'm calling it until I give it a title. The other story I'm writing now will be called The History for the time being), I will be writing more about The History. Mostly because the plot is fresh in my mind, which makes it easier for me to write.

Which brings me onto another topic I wanted to ramble about. It is unbelievable how slowly I write things. I never really realised how slowly I write stories until just now. I spent 4 hours today and I wrote about 2 paragraphs. Small paragraphs. It's because I over think things. Over write things. I can't leave anything half-assed written, even if I know its only temporary. I change the wording around so much it drives me crazy. I need a larger vocabulary. That would make this process so much easier.

Ergh. I've spent too long away from my story. I will return to it. I might post what I've got in a few days (or a few months?). I'm aiming for a full chapter on Elfwood. That seems to be my ultimate goal. If I don't write at a quicker pace though I doubt I'll be done a chapter before newyears though.

If anyone knows a good name for an elf, let me know. Not that anyone reads this but just in case.

Damn. Headache. I should really write my stories in the daytime when I'm not exhausted. I digress. (just wanted to use that word). And with that I leave you.

~Koshi~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Counter